FT View SE Client Audits in FTAC via TS

arkansascontrols

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello All,

Apparently FTView SE doesn't have a lot of options for audits or events, FactoryTalk AssetCentre records the audits but it's missing some critical information.

FactoryTalk AssetCentre Audits PLC changes, FTActivation events and other FT Services Events, and it does track FTView SE events and audits, so a tag change shows up in the Audit Log like this;

Logged Time, Occurred Time, Source, Location, Resource, Username, Message

Now for PLC edits, or FactoryTalk security events, or even AssetCentre events the Resource is identified, and the Location is indicative but for FTView SE audits;

the Source is- FactoryTalk View SATag
the location is WIN-ROCKWELL (absolutely no help)
the resource is completely blank,
the username is accurate (but that isn't much help since users can log into different production line HMI's),

I do get a very descriptive Message like;
Write '32' to '::[ShortCut]Program:Tag'. Previous value was '5.5'
or
Write 'True' to '::[ShortCut]Program:Tag'. Previous value was 'False'

But I have multiple lines running and multiple PLC's, all of my line PLC's use the same ShortCut Name in the Linx Config. So without a Listed Resource and the consistency of my line programs and configurations, I see the Tag Write but have no idea which Line (PLC) it was on.

According to a Technote QA18043 there are some workarounds, but RA is essentially saying FTView SE doesn't play all that nice with FTAC, they claim you can do some VBA scripting and provide some examples to Roll-Your-own events, but these are PlantPAX applications running on 1756-L84 processors so this isn't feasible. There are just too many tags.

Has anyone else run into this, or found a simpler workaround to simply provide a more descriptive Location, or ANY identifier in the Resource Field from SE? I find it hard to believe that there isn't some way to have SE provide that information. I'm thinking maybe there is some registry hack that would solve this. FactoryTalk diagnostics setup gives you some options for What get's audited, so surely there's a registry key that could be used to provide a little more.

Any help appreciated!