One Shot vs. FirstScan System Bit

I am assuming Allen Bradley.

Yes, there is a difference.

the first scan bit is only executed on the first scan of the program
when the plc is put into run mode or when the power is turned on and the plc executes the first scan of the program.

a one shot can be used any time during the program execution.
it is a single instruction and is true for only one scan cycle.
it looks for a false to true transition.

regards,
james

This may be more than your asking, but:

I would typically use first scan to initialize things on startup of the PLC after power cycle, or whatever may cause it to switch out of run mode.

A one shot I would use for things that I only want to occur one time for every transition, perhaps shifting, or moving data to a new location.

Similar Topics

Hello all. This is a very lonnnnnnng shot but worth a try. I have an OMS Group Impact100 metering machine. At this customer it blows foam into 3d...
Replies
Views
Howdy Everyone, So I have been retrofitting a cell to run different fixtures and updating it with new drives and a few other things. It runs...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am working on a ladder program in AS and I was to trigger a reading on my IO link sensor every .5 s, and use that value to run a...
Replies
Views
Hello Everybody, Someone must be familiar with Horner Cscape, I wrote a program on a overhead door with a 3 button station,I'm working on a...
Replies
Views
personally I don't care about golf - but this is one impressive shot ... if it weren't on tape, I wouldn't have believed it ... the first video in...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom