ML1400 comm woes

FluxCap

Came across a 1766-L32BXBA that I can't upload the program from using either serial or ethernet. Shows up in RSLinx as series B FRN 15. Starts uploading but repeatedly gives communication timeout error after a minute or so. Unplugged everything else from the switch to no avail. Tried the din connector and it autoconfigures nicely, but I get the same communication timeout.
Any thoughts?

When using ethernet, were you able to ping it consistently? (ping -t IP)

Is the PLC running fine according to the indicator lights?

Which driver, Ethernet Device or Ethernet/IP?

Which version of RSLogix 500, Edition and version?

Yes, the PLC is running fine and communicating with a Red Lion HMI. Can ping it with no problems.
Using RSLogix500 V10 and RSLinx 3.80 using the ethernet driver and manually entering the IP. Linx sees it, and I can right click on it, select device properties and it shows me that it is a series B, etc.
Same issues using DF1 serial driver.

See this thread about the CIP options in RSLinx:

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=66764

Also, the Red Lion HMI might be hogging up resources. Their HMIs are capable of overwhelming some hardware depending on how they're set up. So, if your process permits, you might try unplugging the HMI connection briefly while you attempt to upload from the PLC. But first, try the CIP options. Those settings have helped me with similar problems more than once.

You haven't made it clear, what driver are you trying to do the download with. You say you can communicate with both DF1 and Ethernet IP but which one are you using to download?

Well I can see how you would get communication time outs if you tried to do an upload using both Ethernet and DF1 at the same time.