You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old June 12th, 2018, 10:32 PM   #1
rakeshkhawas10
Australia

Modifying Function Blocks in Triconex Library

Hi All,

I am working on a Triconex project (Trident controller) which has a project specific function blocks library. I need to make some changes to few function blocks inside the library. How do I do that?

The manuals that I have got don't mention much about it.

My Tristation version is v4.15

Thanks
Rakesh
Old June 13th, 2018, 06:25 AM   #2
mbartoli
United States

You should be able to navigate to the function blocks folder in the project tree left hand window. Select the function block and double click on it. Once you do that, however, to edit the block requires you to change the state of your project to Download All, so there is no going back. You can open one as Read Only, so you can look at the logic, and print it out first.

At least that is the way it works in v4.13.

Those who say it cannot be done shouldn't interrupt the people doing it.
Old June 13th, 2018, 06:29 PM   #3
rakeshkhawas10
Australia

Mark, I have already given it a try and unfortunately even with "Download All" status, it does not let me change the Function Blocks inside the Library Documents.

The only way I ve figured to change the FBs is to copy them from Library Documents to User Documents (inside Function Blocks folder)and then make changes. The issue I faced there is then I have to copy all the Function Blocks from that Library into the Library Documents and make a new Library. I thought there would be an easier way which I am not aware of.
Old June 13th, 2018, 07:03 PM   #4
mbartoli
United States

As far as I know, the blocks must be in the User Documents/Function Blocks folder of the Application Workspace folder of your project to allow editing.

I would copy and save them under a new name before editing.

Those who say it cannot be done shouldn't interrupt the people doing it.
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum