Modifying Function Block (FB) in TIA Portal S7-1200

paulB

I am new to Siemens world and need some help.
There is existing program and I need to modify Function Block, add some inputs. I am offline. I double-click mouse on function block in left tree. It opens. In the upper portion of the windows, where tags are defined, I see options to add Outputs and Temps, but not Input or InOut. How to add more of Input or InOut?

Thanks,

PaulB

2022-05-04 09_10_12-Clipboard.jpg

You should be able to right click and then there should be useful options. I don't have portal open at the moment, but i think you can "insert above" or "insert below".

Ok. I see it in the menu as well.
Strange however, when I first open the block buttons on menu are "grayed-out", disabled. After I right-click they become enabled.
Thank you,
PaulB.

The menu items are context sensitive.
They become active when you select a declaration line where a new line can be appended or inserted.
You may have to expand a section that has been collapsed (the little black triangle to the left), before you can select a declaration line.