slc 500 erreor code = 001h

my_own_plc

hello everybody

i have the same problem yesterday i bought an old machine to take out some equipments specialy the PLC and other things

so i try to acces to the plc but it had a passeword , i try to clear the passeword with master reset passeword with this passeword 65257...6 , but the slc 500 freez i tried a lot of times but without any results then i do clearing memory with a hardware master reset ; take out the battery and connecte the GND with the VBB connection for 60 seconds .

then when i tried to connect again to the PLC the message appear error code = 001h

any help to restore or the return back the plc to default statut and clear the fault error

thank you

slc 500 fault error 001h.jpg

Error code 001h is a non-volatile memory error and is what you will get when you do a hard reset. The PLC no longer has a program in it. Create a program and upload it using the DF1 port. It will default to full duplex and either 19.2kbaud or 1200baud depending on which SLC (03, 04 or 05). I’m not sure the 1200baud is accurate but I know the SLC5/05’s default to 19.2Kbaud.

thank you for the quick reply

yes i have a slc 5/03 CPU i will try tomorrow to upload a programe to it and see ...

many thanks

yes i have a slc 5/03 CPU i will try tomorrow to upload a programe to it and see ...

just a tip - you'll need to DOWNLOAD the new program ...

in the Allen-Bradley way of doing things, an UPLOAD would be FROM the processor TO your computer ... in other words, backwards from what you want to do in this situation ...

and - so ...

you need to do a DOWNLOAD operation to send the new program FROM your computer TO the processor ...

good luck with it ...

Last edited:
hi

yes i do a download not a unpload sorry for the spelling mistake

i creat only a rung with first pass to activate a Bit3:0/0

and go to Comms / system comms / a window will appear select the plc / download

its done thanks everybody

have a good day

slc 500 fault error 001h resolved .jpg