You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old April 12th, 2006, 11:05 AM   #1
brianafischer
United States

Atlas Copco OpenProtocol

Hello,

I am looking for drivers and/or example source code for both PC and AB PLC based systems that use the Atlas Copco Open Protocol to speak to PowerFocus torque controllers.

Thanks for the help.
Old June 20th, 2006, 04:22 PM   #2
Lancie1
Lifetime Supporting Member
United States

Let me know if you find any. I need a copy of the Atlas Copco air compressor internal program also.
Old June 21st, 2006, 09:03 AM   #3
jkrom
United States

About a year ago, I struggled for a whole week to get torque data from an Atlas-Copco PF3000 into a MicroLogix 1500 and came up with a solution that turned out to be the most convoluted code I've ever written. I have since come up with variations for SLC 5/05 and CompactLogix.

Anyway, I'll see if I can find a sample - although I have yet to meet anyone else that can understand how it works

If you have the option of taking data directly into a high-level PC-based system, I would definitely recommend that - as that is what the torque box is designed for.

Slightly OT - did you know that there is actually a type of dinosaur called the Atlascopcosaurus?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlascopcosaurus
Old June 13th, 2007, 01:52 AM   #4
zzr173
China

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrom
About a year ago, I struggled for a whole week to get torque data from an Atlas-Copco PF3000 into a MicroLogix 1500 and came up with a solution that turned out to be the most convoluted code I've ever written. I have since come up with variations for SLC 5/05 and CompactLogix.

Anyway, I'll see if I can find a sample - although I have yet to meet anyone else that can understand how it works

If you have the option of taking data directly into a high-level PC-based system, I would definitely recommend that - as that is what the torque box is designed for.

Slightly OT - did you know that there is actually a type of dinosaur called the Atlascopcosaurus?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlascopcosaurus
Hi.At the time,I am developing MES. And I try to work to get data from an Atlas-Copco PF3000 now. But I found the openprotocol may not be I want, and cannot get correct data. May take me the sample?
Old June 13th, 2007, 05:29 AM   #5
jkrom
United States

Sorry, but I no longer work for the company that I developed that code for and do not have access to it.
Old June 13th, 2007, 02:44 PM   #6
Giz99
Canada

Buy a PF with Devicenet and use that for information etc. It costs money for the Cards and interface but it is a less expensive then the hours you will be spending on this.

Giz.
Old June 28th, 2007, 08:33 AM   #7
Alessandro Santos
Brazil

Hello Jim,
I am Alessandro Santos and I work for Rockwell Automation Brazil. We have a customer who want to get data from a PF3000 into a SLC500 5/05. I am looking for references about this application and I have found your post.
I know that you are not working for Atlas Copco, so probably you do not have the files that you have developed, however I would like to ask you any contact inside Atlas Copco that I can have any reference. I tried Tech Support but I was not succesfull.

Best Regards
Alessandro Santos
Rockwell Automation
Old June 28th, 2007, 10:25 AM   #8
tbode
United States

Atlas Copco Open Protocol Example

Alessandro,
I did a VB6 project some years ago talking to PF3000 controllers via sockets in VB and sending the data via OPC to an HMI. I believe that this would work using the OPC interface in RSLinx to go to the 5/05 but I do not have one to test with. I may be able to send you the code template. I will need to check with the home office.
Old June 28th, 2007, 02:06 PM   #9
panic mode
Canada

we have code for PLC and PC (VB6 and VB.NET) but i cannot share it...
here is open protocol,

EDIT

cannot post it here, it's over 300kb limit so you may get it here
http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?download=721

Last edited by panic mode; June 28th, 2007 at 02:10 PM.
Old July 1st, 2008, 02:02 PM   #10
coreysimon
Canada

I work for a company that has developed communication to all Atlas Copco tools via open protocol and can provide an OPC or DDE methods of communication as well as SQL database storage of rundown data.
Old August 18th, 2008, 03:20 PM   #11
RoyKok
United States

Thumbs up Torque Tool Open Protocol

Kepware is about to release a driver for the Torque Tool Open Protocol. It was developed to interface with Stanley and Atlas Copco products supporting the Open protocol and will be available as a standard driver ($795). Beta is available now and the final version will be in the early September release.
Old January 12th, 2009, 02:01 PM   #12
rahonny
Malaysia

Cool PF3000 open protocol Atlas Copco

Hi,

I am currently programming the PF3000 and DS using SQL, MSDE, MySQL and Oracle.

Anyone needs application to do some Data Acquisition from the Atlas Copco products can contact me! I am doing this for a living.

I will give an attractive quote. I also have some applications ready, especially for Automotive Industry. An application to capture torque data for SRS components.

Again you can reach me at

rahonny@gmail.com
Old January 13th, 2009, 07:37 AM   #13
RoyKok
United States

Update on our Torque Tool Driver

Hi All, It's been released and has been tested with both Stanley and Atlas Copco Torque Tools. You can download it at www.kepware.com and it runs in a two hour demonstration mode, until unlocked. It is in use with several major automotive manufacturers. Thanks
Old April 5th, 2012, 03:12 AM   #14
rahonny
Malaysia

Hello All,

I recently received a lot of requests about the Atlas Copco Open Protocol apps whether I am still supporting them?

The answer is YES. Do send me your requests and I will get back you as soon as possible.

rahonny@gmail.com
Old April 1st, 2014, 10:13 PM   #15
Fitz-William
United States

Has anyone been successful getting torque and angle data from an Atlas Copco PF3000 into a SLC-5/05 via Ethernet? I am struggling to get this to work using an EEM (Explicit Ethernet Message) instruction in the SLC-5/05.

Please reply...THANKS!
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum