SLC 500 discontinued?

From AB's product site for the SLC/500:

Dear Customer,
Rockwell Automation appreciates your investment in the Allen-Bradley SLC 500, and we will continue to protect that investment. We offer a complete range of SLC 500 products for sale to service a wide variety of applications. And we continue to invest in the SLC 500 architecture. Our most recent additions include Modbus RTU Master Protocol capability for SLC 5/03, 5/04 and 5/05, a new SLC 5/03 processor with increased (32K) memory, and the new 1747-DPS2 Configurable Port Splitter.
We plan to actively market and manufacture the SLC 500 product line well into the next decade. This line will continue to service those small to mid-range PLC applications where high performance and a wide variety of communication networks and I/O structures are important.
Allen-Bradley plans to continue to offer hardware/firmware upgrades and repair of SLC 500 Family products. Protecting our customers’ investment is a significant reason we have an installed base over 1.6 million CPU and over 12 million 1746 I/O installations world-wide. Furthermore, it is our practice to support products for seven years from the date they are removed from general sale, pending availability of components.
To give you some idea of our commitment to our customers, the 1772 Series PLC-2 family, which was introduced in 1979, was removed from sale in 2002. That is a product life in excess of twenty years. While we cannot predict component availability and market forces for the SLC 500 that would allow us to do the same, we are committed to the sale and support of the SLC 500 family for the foreseeable future.
I hope that this brief correspondence will give you some idea of Allen-Bradley’s commitment to providing a quality automation product and commitment to the SLC 500 product line.
Chee Wee Khoo
Marketing Manager
SLC 500 Platform
Rockwell Automation

This is only true if you consider "SLC-500" to mean only the Fixed I/O SLC-500 controllers like the 1747-L20 and -L40.

These are surpassed by far in popularity by the modular controllers most users refer to as "SLC-500", the 5/01, 5/02, 5/03, 5/04 and 5/05, which are still manufactured new and have active feature and maintenance projects for their hardware and firmware.