1200 TIA Portal V11 SP2 Online access

JOLTRON

Lifetime Supporting Member
I just got off the phone with Siemens tech support and they couldn't help me. I have googled the **** out of this also but can't find anything that helps.

I have a CPU 1214 that I am looking to upload a program from. The way I know how to do it from the V10.5 days is to create a new project, add an "Unspecified CPU" then "Detect" it. This is not working for me. Also If I go to "Online" and then "Accesible Devices" my CPU is not showing up. My addresses are correct and I can ping the CPU. I have disabled all other network interfaces, disabled my firewall, disabled my AV software. The real kicker is that if I have the the original project I can get online and download / upload with no problems, but even then it doesn't show in my "Online Access" area.

I have the original project so I am good to go, I was just trying to teach someone how to upload a project incase they need to. I remeber it used to work for me in V10.5.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.
-Joltron

Joltran,

I had this exact same problem last week, and like you Siemens couldn't help me one bit.

I didn't have a copy of the original program and was trying to upload the program, but although I could ping all of the CPU's and HMI's on the network, no matter what I did, I couldn't see them in my accessible devices either.

As soon as I got a copy of the program I could see all the devices and upload/download and go online with all the devices.

I am going to have a play tomorrow when the machines are idle so I will let you know if I find anything.

Mark

Sounds good.

I thought it might be my PC so I tried it with another, same outcome. I also tried it on other PLC's.