1305 Reverse over RIO

daviper1996

Lifetime Supporting Member
I am looking at a 1305 drive connected to a PLC5 via RIO. The drive is working and I was able to get a functional HIM working on the drive as well.

I see O:151/4 is forward and working as expected
I also see O:151/5 is reverse and the bit does come on in the PLC as expected. When /5 is made /4 is not and vice a versa.

However the drive always runs forward.

I know on newer drives you can block out reverse, but I am not seeing in the manual how this would apply to a 1305 drive via RIO.

I saw parameter 94 had a direction mask but again, I am not sure if that is where I should be looking.

Any advice would be helpful thank you.

Solved

Since the drive was working I came back to Parameter 94. I decided to compare this MASK with Parameter 92 (Logic Mask) and Parameter 95 (Start Mask).

Parameter 94 (Direction Mask) had 00000000
Parameter 92 (Logic Mask) had 00000100
Parameter 95 (Start Mask) had 00000100

Each bit represents allow or deny control for an adapter. The third bit in this case was Adapter 2. I matched the Mask for direction to Logic and Start masks and reverse worked as expected.

Hopefully this helps someone else down the road.

Thank you for the followup !

These drives used masking functions to allow you to mix control modes and limit some of them. I've done systems where the PLC couldn't reverse the drive, but the local inputs could (for maintenance of a supervised mechanism).