1734-AENT Network status: solid red

Questioner

Hello I am new to PLCS.net, I have a question here in regards to the Network Status light being solid red on the 1734-AENT. I checked the manual and it says "Duplicate IP address detected. Verify IP address setting and correct. NO LINK, the module is not physically connected to a powered EtherNet Device." Has anyone else done anything different to fix this status light? Just trying to stock pile some ideas if the above fixes do not work. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Welcome to the PLCTalk forum community !

Duplicate IP Address is the only condition that is indicated by a solid red Network Status LED.

It's possible for a false alarm to occur with duplicate IP detection; some specific industrial managed switches would send out reply packets that fooled the 1734-AENT into thinking there was a duplicate IP. But the ones I'm familar with (Hirschmann RailSwitches) got that fixed in firmware fifteen years ago.

If not plugged in at all, but you have a solid red light, the device is probably non-functional.