1734 AENT Network Status Flashing

Think i see something.....
on that image you just sent it shows 192.168.1.40 for IP address..

Are you using the dial wheels on the AENT to set the IP?, you need to make sure they are an invalid number (anything about 255) to change the IP to the 10.204.104.xxx network.
And also make sure you cycle power once you make that change.

Use the webpage to set the IP on the AENT, then change the wheel numbers to above 255 (i usually put 999 or a number to represent the IP).

The webpage will ask for a username and password, it is Admin and password

It's connected to a NAT device which uses a private network of 192.168.1.xxx. I used boot P to set that address then under my NAT device webpage I configured it to use 10.201.104.248.

It's connected to a NAT device which uses a private network of 192.168.1.xxx. I used boot P to set that address then under my NAT device webpage I configured it to use 10.201.104.248.

Well that's more complicated....

So the AENT believe its IP is 192.168.1.40, but the PLC program has the 10.201.104.248 address.
We typically dont use NAT so can't give you a clear idea what you'd need to do to make that work.
Your AENT IP is actually 192.168.1.40, and normally that's what I would put in for the address on the PLC program.

I would change the address of the module in you PLC program to 192.168.1.40.
And they would need to be on the same network physically.

Seems like the issue is the PLC and AENT are just not talking to eachother.

You mentioned the PLC is on the private network to 192.168.1.xxx...
I would assume that PLC and the AENT are on the same network with 192.168.1.xxx

If it doesn't work now as is, whats the difference in trying?

Does suck that you'll need to do a download to make that change.

Every device on the machine has a private address and a public address. The HMI, the PLC, and the AENT module.

I would have to stop the line to make that change which is why I'm hesitant to do so if I don't think that's the issue.

Not sure if that PLC will let you add modules online. I think you can for Generic modules but not AENTs.
You could add another AENT with the 192.168.1.40 address if possible.

You do have other Ethernet/IP devices in you program, which address subnet does the PLC use for those? (192.168.1.xxx or 10.204.104.xxx)

The PLC also has a private address of 192.168.1.xxx and an address of 10.201.104.xxx.

Do you mean that the PLC has two network ports with different IP addresses? Or that it has one of these two addresses and the NAT device is configured to map the other address to that one?

The issue is pretty clearly that the two devices just aren't talking to each other, and the most likely culprit is something in your NAT setup.

Having the AENT on a separate network from the PLC is definitely an unusual setup in my experience; usually I'd set them up on the same (private) network, then use NAT to allow the public network to access the PLC but other devices.

Have you tried the reset module, or cycling power? Also are your thumbwheels set correctly? Did you use BOOTP to set your IP and click disable DHCP after adding the relation and cycling power?

edit: wow I missed a lot of this convo before pressing reply =P

Last edited: