1746-HSCE and LOGIX5000 Question

Killerabbit

I am upgrading an SLC system to Logix5000. I have a compact logix processor and a 1746-AENTR in the SLC rack. I have an encoder connected to the HSCE card. I get the encoder counting, but it counts up in both directions. I have looked at the book and tried changing the up/down bits. The encoder is connected to a+/a-. Maybe someone could help.

thanks
Tom

A single channel encoder can't be used to determine direction of rotation. All it can be used to do is count pulses unless you have another device that can tell the counter card which direction the encoder is turning. Since you haven't mentioned such an input I assume you don't have one.

Keith

If you have connected ONLY A+ and A- then it cannot tell what direction it's going. It would either need to have a direction or the B+ B- (if it's a quadrature encoder) to know count up/down.

I am upgrading an SLC system to Logix5000. I have a compact logix processor and a 1746-AENTR in the SLC rack. I have an encoder connected to the HSCE card. I get the encoder counting, but it counts up in both directions. I have looked at the book and tried changing the up/down bits. The encoder is connected to a+/a-. Maybe someone could help.

thanks
Tom
Hello Tom, I'm trying to do the same thing HSCE card With 1746-AENTR but I have no pulses in the input word, my counter config are good, how did you do your config ?