1747-uic vs. Slc 5/01

beginner1

Hello people,. I'm totally new at this PLC programming arena so please consider any help you can give me totally appreciated.

Im trying to talk to a SLC 5/01 using a 1747-UIC converter, but once in RSLinx, I do not see my Processor. I'm following all the steps in the 1747-UIC manual and have also checked the drivers succesful intallation for the converter. It is assigned to COM3, same port that I'm using to configure the Comm Driver in RSLINX.

Status in the 1747-UIC: Ok led and USB led are both steady (on)and it does not change.

Thanks again for your help

What Mechtrician said.
Go to Device manager and figure out which Com port that you have going.
I don't know if it makes a difference, but I always change Error checking from BCC to CRC.
Good luck

More info

I did configure it as a 1770-KF3/1747-KE as it is directed in the configuration instructions. Did not use auto configure. The Device manager shows USB DH-485 Serial Port (COM3)so thats what I used in the Configure drivers setup. The Error checking seeting is CRC.
The switch on 1747-UIC is set to RS485(DH485).

Id does not show the plc and the lights in the UIC (OK & USB ) are on

This thing is kicking my you now what!!!!

Thank you guys
icon8.gif

If your 5/01 DH485 port is configured for a baud rate other than 19.2kbaud then you're stuck.

From a/b: "The 1747-UIC will only communicate on DH-485 at 19200 baud"

Also make sure RSLinx has a different node address then your SLC5/01.

Do you have the offline file for your SLC5/01 ( .RSS file)? If so post it here if you can.
Zip it first then post it.