1747-uic vs. Slc 5/01

If you search for a DB9 to RJ45 connector, buy 2-4 of these in picture.
use any size ethernet patch cable.
Get a pin extractor tool as shown in pictures.
Get a gender changer too in case the db9 connector on slc needs it changed to opposite.
Now you can look at the diagram for that special 100 dollar cable and create any type of connector just buy using that pin extractor tool. Push the pin
Oh need pins too see picture
and a crimping tool. see pics
There are db9 to 25db but don't think you need that for slc. But PLC5 you would.

DB9toRJ45Connector.PNG DB9toRJ45ConnPinExtractor.PNG DB9GenderChanger.jpg DB9Pins.PNG DB9crimptool.jpg

Jim3846 said:
If you search
Jim this is a really old thread that was brought back to life... 11 years old

No program, first time connecting to it. No EEPROM either in the processor.

So I wanted to double check, I know mine will only work with 19,2 but we also sell a copy of the original.... looks like they copied a old version and it will not work, I am 99% sure that I read the new UIC's had a firmware that was selectable to go from 19,2 to 9,6

Thanks for the help. I am afraid the RJ45 port is damaged. I think someone plugged in an ethernet cable to their laptop and let the smoke out. The PLC functions fine, we just cannot access it via the port.