1756-IF8 module configuration

ypf_108

I have a 1756-IF8 module, I am ready to collect 4-20MA current signal, the module parameters can see the following screenshot. Some routines, I do not quite understand.
INT1 [6] DATA TYPE is INT, -1000 converted into what is real?
4-20 mA signal is converted into -18.46582 how it?
ADATA [111] The DATA TYPER is DINT, ADATA [111] is equal to -3,702, then converted into a real number is equal to the number?
Routine in the data does not seem to convert the actual value, I would like to ask is how to be converted into actual values, simply to say that I would like to know 1756-IF8 module receives 4-20MA signal, how can be converted to REAL DINT INT
and so on.
TheHigh engiuneering how the set? 26,784.0 how this case is determined? Thanks

configuration.JPG mainprogram.jpg

softgen please tranlate your recommendation to english, i know for sure ypf 108 will not understand in spanish.

saludos,

william

This is what he said.

debes Configurar de acuerdo a la imagen adjunta.
en la escala de Ingenieria no debes sobrepasar los 16384
You Should Configure according to the enclosed image. in the scale of engineering you should not surpass the 16384

Last edited:
Thank you very much of the pointing
I would like to know 1756-IF8 module receives 4-20MA signal, how can be converted to Float?
In the scale of engineering you should not surpass the 16384, why?

My modules use single-ended current wiring

You might want to check how your modules are wired. Looking at your configuration picture you posted I only see 4 channels. Is your module configured for Differential but wired for Single Ended?

Edited to add; As you probably already know, your module can be wired Diffrential curent/voltage and Single Ended current/voltage.

Last edited:
The data for the IF8 should already be in Float Point Format. It is the default for Control Logix Processors.

Stu....

Low signal is set equal to 4. High enginering is equal to 6300. I have collected is a standard 4 to 20ma current signal. This is how the signal corresponding to the signal conversion and engineering?

I have read your instruction manual recommended, but I still do not know how to set the High / low Engineering .

I have read your instruction manual recommended, but I still do not know how to set the High / low Engineering .

In the Controller Organizer Window on the left. Scroll down to the IF8 Module. Right Click and Select Properties. Once the Dialogue Box for the IF8 opens, Click on Configuration, select the Channel you want to set up. Fill in the Parameters in the Scaling Area.

Stu......

I think you nee to use larger font in your mesages so I don't have to use my reading glasses

- your screen shot shows that your module configured as Differential (4 channels) - see general tab

- you are saying that it is wired as single ended.

This will not work and you need to change one of theses to get module going

Delete module from I/O configuration and add it again selecting single-ended format