1756-IF8 - Wiring a RTD to this Analog Input card ?

Good Morning ,

I have a RTD , that I would like to wire into a 1756-IF8 Analog Input Card.
Would you all a simple wiring diagram , of what terminals on the card , this RTD would wire to ?

Thanks so much , and have a great day .

You need a converter from PT100 to 0-2mA 4-20mA or whatever that input module accepts.

A good converter compensates for the resistance of the wires up to the sensor and linearizes the curve since the resistance-temperature relationship is not exactly linear.

The 1756-IF8 can be voltage or current input only. You need a signal conditioner to convert the RTD signal to a compatible input.
Many companies make signal conditioners.
Do a quick Google search for: " RTD Signal conditioners"

There are many different types of RTD to mA converters. 30.00 on up to a few hundred Dollars. Maybe if it's for room temperature, the 30 dollars works great. Does it matter if your off .2 of a degree? If it's etching something, .2 of a degree just ruined your product. What are you measuring?
George