1756-M02AE ?....Error code 11 returning on execution of MSO cmd

CntrlFreek

Hello all,
Im having an issue with a 5 axis ream wrapping machine. Clogix 5561 cpu, 3-1756-M02AE analog servo modules, Indramat ecodrives, indy ac perm magnet servos w encoder fdbk. We have recently moved the machine from another state and installed it in our facility. Upon initial startup of the machine all was well. The drives all enabled, the axes all homed, machine cycled well. Over time and some tweeking of mechanical issues the machine would not always home as it should. What i discovered is that when the MSO command is executed an error 11 "servo axid not configured error" returns in word (Ax02MD_Command.MSO.ERR). With that said i thought maybe the servo module somehow lost its configuration, therefore simply re-downloaded the same project i was currently online with. The MSO executed after reset and returned the same error. What confuses me even more is the fact that i can reset the module from the I/O properties form, issue motion direct commands from the mdc form, read accurate position fdbk/velocity from the axis, the servo module/servo drive show no physical axis faults. Can someone please heeeeeelpppp me. im lost. thank you in advance.
regards

a QUICK search of the Knowledgebase turned up something which MIGHT be helpful - or at least might get you thinking in the right direction ...

37216 (Access Level = Tech Connect)

notice that there is a difference between the operation between firmware versions 15 and 16 ...

based on this alone - I'd be checking connections, cables, and finally feedback devices for something along the lines of "loss of signal" ...

hope this helps ... good luck with it ...

What version of RS5000 are you using?

What confuses me even more is the fact that i can reset the module from the I/O properties form, issue motion direct commands from the mdc form, read accurate position fdbk/velocity from the axis, the servo module/servo drive show no physical axis faults.

IF the Motion Direct Commands all work then there is something in your code that is not treating the MSO command correctly
Eg you are trying to issue a MSO while the axis has an active fault

Make sure Ax02MD.axisFault = 0 AND Ax02MD.ModuleFaults = 0 before letting the MSO execute

Sorry for my very delayed response and thank all of you for your responses! Turns out the drive was the issue. This was not so obvious because the drive would enable, however would not throw a fault due to the fact that the I/O board was bad. The drive was only doing what it was told to do........nothing! lol maybe i over thought that one!
Thanks again guys!