1761-NET-AIC help!

Gman22

Hi Guys,

I need some help setting up an 1761-net-AIC. What I'm trying to do is to communicate to some modbus devices to my compactlogix (L2E). I guess the plc would be the master. For now all I want to do is read the info and maybe later set it up to write to those devices. I have the installation manual for the 1761-net-AIC but it's not helping with the setup... Help please.

Hi Guys,

I need some help setting up an 1761-net-AIC. What I'm trying to do is to communicate to some modbus devices to my compactlogix (L2E). I guess the plc would be the master. For now all I want to do is read the info and maybe later set it up to write to those devices. I have the installation manual for the 1761-net-AIC but it's not helping with the setup... Help please.

There isn't really any Setup for the 1761-NET-AIC. Power it up, and connect the cables. It is a simple converter from RS-232 to RS-485.

You are going to have to give the Forum Members better information Perhaps a better description of what you are trying to do with a diagram. The exact Make and Model Numbers of the devices you are trying to interface.

Stu.....

Hi thanks SThompson. Sorry I'm on site otherwise I would have given a diagram or better description. What I should have asked was once it is wired and powered on what do I need to do in RSlogix 5000 to get access to the modbus registers in the slave devices?

Sorry I am new to this type of setup.

Hi thanks SThompson. Sorry I'm on site otherwise I would have given a diagram or better description. What I should have asked was once it is wired and powered on what do I need to do in RSlogix 5000 to get access to the Modbus registers in the slave devices?

Sorry I am new to this type of setup.

As I said in my previous post. We need the exact Model and Revision of the CompactLogix you are using, and the device you are trying to talk to. The Registers used varies by device, and you need the documentation for that. The Modbus support varies by the Model Number and Revision of the PLC.

Better information yields better answers.

Stu....

It's a compactlogix 1769-L32E to a yaskawa AC Drive A 1000. RSlogix 5000 mini ver 19.01 (CPR 9 SR 3)

Hmmmm. The CompactLogix doesn't have Native Support for Modbus. However, there are sample Programs that show how to do it using ASCII Mode on the Serial Port. The one I am looking at is the Modbus Master, and they have one for Slave as well. This should have been installed with RSLogix5000 in the Projects Directory hopefully.

If not, search the AB Site, or Rockwell Support Site if you have access.

You will also need the Yaskawa Manual for the Register Assignments.

Stu....

p.s. Found the file here

http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?showtopic=6972&st=0&p=28884&#entry28884

Last edited: