Micrologix 1500 to 1761-NET-AIC, In the field right now... help?

AutomationTechBrian

Lifetime Supporting Member
I've attached pics, below. I'm in the field right now an am trying to communicate to the Micrologix 1500 through the 1761-NET-AIC (Ugh!) to troubleshoot the machine and figure out why it is ignoring a command.

Bottom line.... how would you do this? I have a Windows 10 laptop with XP and Windows 7 VMs. RSLogix 500 is currently on the host (W10). Just to check, I tried connecting the USB-1747-CP3 to the AIC and auto-configure Linx in the RF232 DF1 driver. No luck. Now I'm scanning the internet to see what I have to do to communicate.

I see Ken Roach warning I'll never connect with a W7 OS... a long time ago. So... what if I install an earlier version on an XP VM? Is there a converter that would work? What is the current path to communicate?

I'll keep browsing for answers, but I'll be watching my mail for post notifications. Thanks!

Anything plugged into the port on the left of the processor? the LSP has one COMM port the LRP (yours) has two ports, there is a DB9 on the left next to the Panduit, maybe a tight fit but try plugging your CP3 into the DB9 on the left side and try the DF1 using auto config

Ya know... I didn't need to read anything. I grabbed the CP3 and plugged it in... DF1, Auto-config... BINGO!

I'm in! Program is uploaded... without comments, of course. But I have a drawing with the I/O, and hopefully I can follow things back from the outputs.

Thanks (again)!!!