1761-net-eni with slc 5/04 and IDEC HMI

lledesma1

Has anyone successfully interfaced an IDEC HMI(ethernet)to a 1747-L543 5/04 thru a 1761-NET-ENI. Is this even possible? Please let me know what your experience has been. Please feel free to add examples of how this is done. Ive been trying and still have not been successful.

Thanx.
LL

A 1761-NET-ENI can be used with a SLC 5/04, connected to Channel 0 (the 9-pin D-shell port) with Channel 0 protocol set to DF1 full duplex. You will need a 1761-CBL-PM02 cable (8-pin mini-DIN to 9-pin D-Shell) to connect the two together.

Can you connect a PC to the ethernet network and see the ENI in RSLinx? Use an Ethernet Devices driver (NOT Ethernet/IP). If so, with the SLC connected to the ENI, you should just see the SLC processor at that IP address.

Yes, same thing. The SLC port must be configured for DF1 full duplex protocol for the ENI to communicate to it.

The other question I would have is does the IDEC HMI talk Ethernet/IP?

Yes the IDEC does communicate on ethernet/IP.

I am now connected to a 5/03 that I borrowed from my local AB distributor, but still cannot see the processor on RSLinx, I can only see the net-eni and DF1 port.

I just posted an attachment of my RS linx connection, As you can see I can drill down to the link up to the DF1 port but not the PLC.

Last edited:
(I don't see an attachment or screenshot)

Try the following steps to see the SLC in RSLinx.

Step 1: In RSLinx, confirm that you are using the Ethernet Devices driver instead of the Ethernet/IP driver.
Step 2: Confirm that you have configured the SLC Channel to have the same baud rate as the ENI. If the ENI is configured for 'auto' for the baud rate, you may want to set it to a fixed value. I have seen this make a difference. Also confirm that the error checking is set for CRC.
Step 3: Cycle power to the ENI with it connected to the SLC.

See if these help. If not, the next step would be to shut down RSLinx and delete the Harmony files.

well, I was able to connect after changing the baud rate but once I was able to see it in RSLinx I powered down then powered back up again and havent been able to see it again.. Any suggestions?

LL

Where did you change the baud rate? If on the ENI, did you save the settings to ENI ROM (instead or in addition to ENI RAM)? If not, a power cycle would have restored your previous settings. If the baud rate was changed on the SLC, is there an eeprom installed that may have overwritten your program/port operation?