1761 net eniw

alex_cordova

please help me i need to know how to set this up step by step,

thia is what i have !

slc 5/04
1761 net eniw
rslinx pro ver2.2
iam using rs232 to din cable to my 1761 net then i have a ethernet cable to my pc, well i tried my self and got the unregonized device

ok well do you know how i could get an update with ab.com but not use my serial # becuase it was sold to me and i dont know the personal info! and if any body else reads this please verify that this version is not the correct one

I have never needed to but can't you download RSLinx lite for free at ab website? Have a look around their website and see what you find.
Also, you will need the NetEni software to configure it which is also on the ab website plus the manuals.

Hope this helps.

You will also need comredir. This software will allow you to setup a virtual com port on your PC that will redirect to an IP address on your ethernet card. RSLogix 500 will not allow you to connect directly to ethernet since that option is not available on a SLC 5/04. You will have to select DF1 and the com port number setup with comredir.

The COM Port Redirector is an option, but not a requirement.

RSLogix 500 will happily allow you to go online with a MicroLogix, SLC-5/03, or SLC-5/04 controller connected to a 1761-NET-ENI or -ENIW using the Ethernet driver, just like you would use with an SLC-5/05.

The User Manual is the best place to start. You will need to use the Serial Configuration Utility for the 1761-NET-ENI/ENIW to configure the module for the first time.

An update to RSLinx would include EDS files for the 1761-NET-ENIW, but you can also just register them with an older version of RSLinx. You will need to use the RSLinx Hardware Installation Tool (Start -> Programs -> Rockwell Software -> RSLinx -> Tools ), and download the Net-ENI/ENIW EDS file:

http://www.ab.com/networks/eds/EN/0001000C00630100.eds
http://www.ab.com/networks/eds/EN/0001000C00630200.eds
http://www.ab.com/networks/eds/EN/0001000C00630300.eds

Serial Configuration Utility for the 1761-NET-ENI/ENIW
where can i find this or down load this , is thier software for this 1761 not eds files i mean software, even when i connect to my pc windows dont regonize it

ok guys thanks for the help, iam alomost there but i have a big problem!

first i need to make sure that i have the right version of rs linx, i have rs linx pro 2.2ver, but first when i connect my 1761 net eniw by it self to my computer using the either net cable, my pc does not even pick it up, it looks for then gives a warning that i have been disconted, so i need to make sure that my 1761 net eniw even works!!!

What Happened?

oh yea and instead of using a normal rj45 cable ,so i do need a rj45 cross over cable???

This reminds me of a movie... just getting to the good part and the movie stops, not even any credits... power failure... have to leave the theatre.

What happened?

I'm researching D-NET and C-NET. I obtained the PCMCIA card for both and I'm downloading PDF's and UTILS and whatever else, that's how I found this post. Now it looks like I need to add ENI to the mix... It'd be nice to know how it turned out for you.

Here is an interesting link: http://www.judiwa.com/2010/06/07/how-to-program-ab-1761-net-eni/

AB-ROCKWELL keeps changing links! Here is the current link for what was talked about above: http://www.rockwellautomation.com/global/support/plc/micrologix.page

Last edited:
Wow!

This is so old, I don't remember what happened. It is nice to see how far i moved on in PLC. I got into the most advanced in Allen bradley CIP motion, Guard Logix Etc.

What are you trying to talk to?
What PlC Control is it?

Dabbling...

Wow!

This is so old, I don't remember what happened. It is nice to see how far i moved on in PLC. I got into the most advanced in Allen bradley CIP motion, Guard Logix Etc.

What are you trying to talk to?
What PlC Control is it?

Good to hear from you! You can't remember? I understand. I'm working on a Toshiba for a plant I hadn't been back to for 15 years! Wow... I keep daily diaries aka "daily log" books and have them on my desk going back to 1998 trying to remember all about this client. I have records back to 1972 but the PLC thing started for me about 1982... TUBE TYPE and MAGNETIC COIL storage and weird stuff.

Regarding AB-RS-CNET; DNET; ENET; etc-net :) I am a retired Electrical Contractor and I consult for Industrial Automation. I don't do the pipe and wire anymore, if I can't fix it with a laptop I refer it to my colleagues. Anyway I have an OLD SYSTEM with RSLOGIX5000 version 2+ OLD... And I managed to get it backed up with RSL5KV8.52 and RSLINXV2.42 on an old laptop with XP PRO SP2... CAN'T BE SP3!!! And now.... I am looking at backing all of the CONTROL NET stuff... servos and the like. It all started with an old PanelView that died. Got it backed up and replaced.

I dabble and I love history