1769-OFC8 Single Output Stops Working

VT_PLC

Hi All,

I have a weird situation that I have been unable to figure out. I have a 1769-OFC8 card on my Compact system which is running an L33ER processor and randomly I will lose one of the 4-20 ma outputs on the card.

The card only has two devices wired to it; one is a proportional valve and another is a motor speed input card for a remote motor, both are 4-20 ma.

I have checked the clamp settings and they are 4-20ma limits, so that's right. There are no faults on the module or the processor.

Sometimes, seemingly random in fashion, output 0 on the card just stops outputting (verified with a multimeter). Output 1 still works fine during this time (verified with a multimeter). The only way to "fix" it it so either inhibit/un-inhibit the module or power cycle the system.

The program still shows the output value being sent to the card so I know that it's not a logic issue...plus logically the "fix" wouldn't work if it was.

Any ideas why that happens? A weird random back feed to the card from the device or a loose or shorting wire somewhere are the only things I can think of and I checked for that too.

Thanks!

Type-o it is a 1769-OF8C/A!

According to Rockwell since I have nine modules to the right of the PS this can mess with any of them in a random fashion. Their proposed solution is to move the PS one spot or two spots over.