1769-SDN Devicenet scanner

I think it may be related to rsnetworx. I went online with a different scanner on another machine that works and all of the devices also show up as unrecognizable and I have no properties for the scanner in rsnetworx. Its identical to the machine that isn't working.

What revision RSNDN are you running?

What revision RSLinx are you running?

Do you have all the pertinent EDS files installed?

rslinx rev. 3.71.00
rxnetworx rev. 11.00.00

I don't use a lot of AB stuff so you may have to help me out on these eds files. If I go to a working scanner and go online, does it not have the eds files already?

If I go to a working scanner and go online, does it not have the eds files already?

Not necessarily; when you install any RSNetworx revision all the up-to-date devices' EDS file are installed and registered, however, newer devices or newer firmware devices (released after the software revision was) will need to be registered or re-registered.

I can't view that.

Create an account; it is free.

Then you should be able to access the Knowledgebase article 566967.

It states that other RA software (RSlogix 5000, Logix Designer, etc.)will render RSNetworx Rev.11.00 non-functional.

You will need to update to at least Rev.21.00.

Just to update, yes it was a problem with the RSLOGIX revision number. I updated to the latest and my scanner properties showed up. Within 30 seconds, it was fixed. Now I just need to figure out devicenet I/O mapping since I'm dealing with a program with no documentation or correct prints. Thanks for the help.

Just to update, yes it was a problem with the RSLOGIX revision number. I updated to the latest and my scanner properties showed up. Within 30 seconds, it was fixed. Now I just need to figure out devicenet I/O mapping since I'm dealing with a program with no documentation or correct prints. Thanks for the help.

The I/O mapping is contained within a properly 'handled' Offline RSNetworx for DeviceNet file.

You have previously stated that there are several available similar systems; open up a Offline RSNDN file related to another system and compare it with the on-hand system Online one (after uploading the Scanlist); the MicroLogix RSLogix 500 applications files for the two pertinent controllers will come in handy too.

Use the MicroLogix 1500 DeviceNet implementation resources for procedures and functionality.

Page 103 of http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/1769-um009_-en-p.pdf