1769-SDN Issue Module keeps reseting itself to default

After DoubleL pointing out flashing the scanner to 4.4 we rma'ed the the scanner used a seperate L32 to flash through the backplane. Below is the knowledge base ID. There is a known anomally that seems like more of an issue with the mid-range L30 line. When we first tried to flash to 4.4 using the L30ER the card went down to 1.0. Back down the normal path after 4.4.

509535 - Product Notice 2012-10-005 - RSNetWorx for DeviceNet When Used with RSLogix 5000 V20.01 (201210005)

The purpose of this Product Notice is to inform you of a potential anomaly that exists with RSNetWorx for DeviceNet when used with RSLogix 5000 Version V20.01.
RSLogix 5000 V20.01 or specific Add-On Profiles (AOP) may result in failure of RSNetWorx for DeviceNet resulting in some devices not being able to be uploaded and / or downloaded.

TEMPORARY WORKAROUNDS:
No temporary workaround has been identified. Customers are advised to download the patch as described in the Correction section of this document.

To better answer your question you can go through the backplane using control flash. The plc was L32E at version 20.01 and the scanner was 4.02 that we took up to 4.04 then placed back in the L30ER. After that we commisioned the scanner out of rs networx.

http://support.rockwellautomation.com/ControlFlash/

Ozzye, thanks for the idea. We have one coming by to test this out, and if it doesn't work will just jump on an old processor.

I have had the same problem with L36ERM and Devicenet Scanner SDN v4.2.
Should I be able to update the Scanner through the backplane?

I wouldn't advise trying to flash it thru the backplane with that processor. Unless Rockwell has fixed it with processor firmware. I bricked a SDN module when I first tried this. Use another processor lile Ozzy says if possible.

Thanks for the warning.
I checked on the RS website and found some notes.
Essentially it said the firmware of the CPU must be 20.13 or higher to be able to successfully flash the scanner up to V4.4.

I have now updated the L36RM to v20.13 from v20.12 and have now updated the scanner from V4.2 to V4.4 via the backplane using ControlFlash V11.00 and all problems solved. Its been running about 8hrs now without any issues and I can now also upload and download from the scanner across the backplane without any problems.