1769-sdn

TT1212

Hi anyone,

We have a DeviceNet scanner 1769-SDN that is putting out " 08... Er" on the display. Anyone know what that means? We are not able to RUN our CompactLogix L32E processor, it keeps faulting out saying "At least one required connection not established before going into RUN mode". We would clear the fault but it keeps coming back.

Thank you for yourhelp.

That sounds like the scanner card where ever that is has a loose connection.
Check the wiring and the terminating resistor at that connection.

More than likely its loose wiring.

ID: IN3562 | Access Levels: TechConnect may have the answer you are looking for. You will need a TechConnect contract to view this. This has more to do with "At least one required connection not established before going into RUN mode" than the error code on the 1769-SDN, but may be the cause of what you are seeing.

Check that you have end caps properly installed on the PLC (1769-ECR), they aren't just for looks.

Welcome to the PLCTalk forum community !

Are any of the other modules in the system faulted ? The RA Knowledgebase suggests that a faulted analog card adjacent to the 1769-SDN could cause that error code.

The error code is probably due to the backplane connection to the controller rather than a network error on the DeviceNet. Check all the 1769 bus connection and the end cap carefully !