1769-SM2 Config

LBT

Hi
Project's PLC is a 1769-L36ERM used with a Siemens LME73 Flame controller. I have to establish communication between these devices thru a 1769-SM2.

I know the Siemens LME (and its Modbus Interface OCI417) is OK as I tested it with a Horner Controller ... all went fine. So the only cause of non-functioning is the config of the brand new 1769-SM2 mounted on my CompactLogix (Slot 1 -> position ok) ...

Anyone has ever used the 1769-SM2 card with this particular Siemens module group or anything else than the PowerFlex "as it is ment to" based on Rockwell help and documentation ?

What Instances have you been using?
(I can't get anything else than Flashing RED LEDs -> "Not receiving comm..."
How did you setup the msg instruction ? ...

Thanks
LBT

I think your answer is in chapter 5 of the pdf for the SM2. Messaging a Modbus device.
Looks like your flame device can speak modbus is the only chapter that is common between the 2 devices.