1771-sdn red light of DEATH ???

controlconcepts

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have now 2 scanners that have the RED light Fault lit.. It has been put on the back burner and not an immediate FIX... The first one was fine until trying to program thru a 1747-SDN it took programming changes and then the RED FAULT light.. The Second one was faulted out of the box. Yess EBAY and I did get a refund.. The odd thing is a few times when power is cycled # 1 comes online .. Well green light but as soon as I plug it in to a devicenet network it faults.. SO IS there a way to reset or fix the problem, other than sending back to factory,,,, AS they say in the manual!!! or do I have a shot of fixing at least one.

Like I said it is not a big deal but would be nice to fix. As it has been on the back burner for a while..

Thanks ,
Matt

Let's verify: these are 1771-SDN modules ?

You mentioned "programming through a 1747-SDN", so I suppose you might be have been attempting to use the 1747-SDN Passthrough driver, which is sort of a last-resort way to get onto a DeviceNet.

The 1771-SDN has one Module status LED at the top, and one Network status LED and a 2-digit display for each Channel.

Is it the Module LED that is coming on solid red ?

If so, the user manual and EBay conventional wisdom are correct: it was damaged when you bought it.

If it's the Network LED, then you might have something is simple as a baud rate mismatch, which is resolveable by reconfiguration. Or you might have a damaged channel transceiver, which can't be fixed.

Yes Ken It is the module light that is red. The first one I had bought was fine for a while. I could see it with the pass-through on a 1747-SDN. and attempted to make changes that took. Then after a few days The 1771 unit faulted. But every now and then after a power cycle it comes back to green main status light. Is there a way that a programming miss match could cause it to fault??

Thanks Again Ken,
Matt

Old post but looking to buy a new 1771-SDN if I cant fix this one. Is there any way to reset the solid module status light. Other than having to send back to manufacture. Or the reset button on the front of the module?

Thanks,
Matt

I have this exact problem 1771-sdn card was fine, tried to download a change, network led TURNED RED and now can't clear the Red LED.

Card shows no problem (00) is on the LED screen, which is the node number of the card, but can't get the red LED to turn Green.

Any suggestions???