2 different PC (networked) in 1 RT prof

Pmgd

hi good day!!

Can 2 different PC run 1 same runtime?
In my main PC (Operation System) the display port already used up and i need more monitor, so I did add another PC which is same network on the OS pc. but there is no data/value or even control on the 1500 & 1200 plc in 2nd PC runtime. but the 300 did it in both PC. Someone got idea?

Your Answer is Highly Appreciated!!!

Thanks..

Welcome to the forum! I'm assuming you mean Siemens TIA Portal runtime. I believe you can do this. This post from the Siemens portal seems to be similar to your situation:
https://support.industry.siemens.co...munication-between-two-pc-with-one-plc/238198

From that thread:

"You have to use different IP addresses for the runtime PCs (hardware and application)."

"yes, you can use the same PLC tags in several HMI applications."

"you can use the same HMI Project on two WinCC Advnaced RT Stations but you have to set the IP Address in the Project before loading to the second station. (Of course you have to use unique iP addresses)."

For wincc professional, you set up one station as the server and the other as a client. the server handles the communications to the PLC, and the other PC just talks to the server. That way when you make project changes, you make them once and they apply to both.