22-COMM-E PF40p network status

Orn Jonsson

I have one CompactLogix L32E and 3 PF 40p with 22-COMM-E modules + Touch screen all on Ethernet IP. The PF 40p Drives take upto a minute to power up and establish communications with the PLC

Is there a known status bit (in the PLC) that I can monitor to see if all the drives are online and working? Looking for ways to monitor the integrity of the network and would like to know if any node looses comm.

Thanks,

Orn Jonsson

I use the GSV instruction to read the EntryStatus value from each of the I/O connections Module object.

Because the EntryStatus is encoded in bits 12-15, I divide the EntryStatus (an INT value) by 4095 and place that value into an ordinary DINT tag.

When the EntryStatus value = 4, the connection is running.

I try to run the GSV only every second or so (it does chew up some resources) so just set all EntryStatus tags to zero at powerup or first scan, then trigger the GSV instructions on a timer.

GSV etal

Thanks Ken.

Can you elaborate a bit on the (I use the GSV instruction to read the EntryStatus value from each of the I/O connections Module object).
Never went to AB school so I am not familiar with:
Entry Status.
I/O Connections.
Module Object.
Any pointers are greatly appreciated.

Gsv ssv

Thanks Ken I found the EntryStatus and GSV and everything I needed to accomplish what you mentioned. I did not relize you could dig into Modules like this with the GSV and SSV. Learned something new today.