220 1 phase....grounded conductor?

Bering C Sparky - just to clarify what Badger wrote . Our utility companies supply homes with 230v nominal the same as other European countries . However in UK , for factories and building sites etc , the maximum voltage for hand-held power tools is 110v . Fixed or portable transformers are used for tools with leads or battery tools .

Osmanmom - the secondary of the transformer is either 55v - 0 - 55v with the 0v connected to earth or two windings of 55v - 0v connected in series with the link between windings earthed . Both require double pole protection for the effective 110V to tools and a maximum off 55v to earth .

Paul

Paul, correct, you will need always double pole, only when the Null is near GNd , you are allowed to have only one switch.

Similar Topics

Dear All, 3 phases (380-400 volt) are needed for my small lap in my garage. Normally there is one 1 phase 220-230 volt in my garage but I would...
Replies
Views
We have a 220v variable frequency drive driving a 600v motor 3 phase.Why it was able to run the motor?
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a project where I need to scan some barcodes with this Matrix 220 sensor via profinet. CPU 1517F-3, using TIA v17 I was looking...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I have a Beckhoff PLC rack with the BK5220 bus coupler, communicating over DeviceNet with Allen Bradley scanner card. I am receiving a...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Power Panel 220 (4PP220.1043-K11) that does not finish booting. I attach an image of what appears on the screen, the logbook and...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom