24V pumps, motors etc.,

P.S. Anyone who has not smoked at least one multimeter by failing to move the lead from A to V before measuring volts is considered 'inexperienced' in my book

In the "old days" I carried (and kept many) of the small D'Arsonval/analog meter. In those days I did alot of climbing so dropped many, I also had a tendency to have them on Ohms and do voltage...D'Arsonval movements do not like that.

I have used a Fluke 87 for at least 15 years if not longer, I dont know of a way to smoke a digital Fluke, the worst I have experienced is a blown fuse or dead battery.

In the "old days" that statement was true but the advent of the digital meter has overcome (idiot proofed?) that problem.

BTW If anyone could smoke a meter by forgetting to change the settings...I be da one.

Similar Topics

I am replacing a 1756-OB16E 16 point 10-31 V DC card with the above card in a 16 slot Rack with a 1756-L71 control Logix 5570 controller. The...
Replies
Views
Hi, I've bought this PLC + HMI from Aliexpress, the one on the right that uses SSRs. and want to connect a 24V/0.2A DC fan to the output. My...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, Is it Possible to downgrade to Program from version 32 to 24version..? Because I have 24 version and the program which I am going to...
Replies
Views
Please laugh… but can I take 24volts from an IO module and wire it straight into its own input card to simulate an input….?
Replies
Views
Hello, There was a mix up in information on some redeployed equipment and two of the micro 1400's that came in were hooked to 120v when they...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom