4 chanels datalogger or PLC ?

Martindag

Hi guys,

Im looking for a way to record 4 thermocouple type K for a test of 8 hours that would record a mesure 1 time every minutes.

and Been able to transfert all my log to a computer after that to to all my result into excel or something to make some graphic.

I would like your suggestion about what i should buy exactly ?

should i go for something like a datalogger like this?
http://www.dataq.com/data-logger/temperature/

or maybe a small PLC that could do the job ?

or maybe any software and some way to possibly put all my thermocouple into my computer directly and record ?.

I would personally prefer a controller or a PLC that can datalog by itself rather than a computer that will need to stay open 24/24...

also i got most of the automation software here if the choice would be a small PLC for this application to program them.

Thanks ! :)

if you need something to take some action in addition to logging values, a PLC makes sense.

However, if all you need is logging, and then getting the data into excel as a csv, a data logger is probably simpler.

both model look perfect and is half the price of the dataQ, i guess i will go with one of them.

yeah dont need any logic, just put my log into a CSV file is perfect.