4 digit Julian Date in RSLogix 5000??

I think he's depending on the CPT command performing all mathematics in integer form, in which case the following test for equality will only pass in leap years.

Yes - this will fail in the year 2100 but do we really care?

Last edited:
Interesting way to calculate that !
2009/4=502.25
502.25*4=2009

but if rounding of is taking place because z_leap_year is DINT
then 2009/4=502
502*4=2008

Eureka !!

Bernie is exactly right. Can't remember where I got the idea but I tried it on many different years within a reasonable range (never got to 2100!) and it always works.

It is nice to be able to take advantage of an expressions limitations and use it for something cool!

Kind of nice taking advantage of it being an Integer. I had to pop open my calculator quick and check it out for myself. Always nice to learn something thanks.