5/04 Remote rack NI4 to NI8 card swap issue

bright676

I thought it would a simple swap, I connected to NI4 channels to the same channels on the NI8 card and did not add any more input connections, after I did the swap it wasn't reading any of the original inputs, bear in mind I did a channel for channel swap.

I called Rockwell for support and they said the inputs need to be enabled but due to time constraints it was quicker to forget the 8 channel upgrade and just put in a new NI4 card.

Well with connecting channel to channel I thought it would be straight forward but apparently its not.

A/B talked about block transfers and I know nutting about them, but they are all ready there.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

I thought it would a simple swap, I connected to NI4 channels to the same channels on the NI8 card and did not add any more input connections, after I did the swap it wasn't reading any of the original inputs, bear in mind I did a channel for channel swap.

I called Rockwell for support and they said the inputs need to be enabled but due to time constraints it was quicker to forget the 8 channel upgrade and just put in a new NI4 card.

Well with connecting channel to channel I thought it would be straight forward but apparently its not.

A/B talked about block transfers and I know nutting about them, but they are all ready there.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

You have to do a block transfer write to an analog input module to provide configuration information before you can get an appropriate block transfer read of the data from the module. Your block transfers must be updated to match the different module.