5/05 Slow Download/Upload/Communication Speeds

NuclearOp

I have a 5/05 1747-L552C Series C FRN 10+, which has two panel views. The previous techs replaced the once 5/04 and two older style panel views with this new setup. Ever since this conversion the speed to upload and download to the PLC is extremely slow. The poll rate on the panel view's are set to one second and the network only has maybe 8 total hosts. If you unplug the panel view that's connected to the switch the plc is also connected to the issue goes away. I'm not really sure how to trouble shoot this issue further, does anyone have some idea I can look into?

Thanks

If your program is large, try putting in a few SVC instructions for Channel 1. For example if you have 1000 rungs then put one at rung 500 etc. That will give more time to process communications.

several things come to mind.
1. each pb, requires a slice of time for the processor.
if you push a pb and it is set for a 1 second duration, then that eats into the cpu time. change all pb's to .25 seconds it doesn't matter what screen you use, change them all. both displays. i had t do this with 3 panelview terminals connected to a slc 5/05.

2. if a lot of online edits were made, go online and save the program o the pc.
make a small change to a rung. then compile it. then change the rung back and compile the program and download it to the plc. sounds nutty, but we had to do this to several slc plc's and it worked.
3. each display requires so many communication packets. the slc plc has a limit to how many packets it can handle. i know packets is not the right word, but this is what comes to mind.
4. are you using a managed switch? they are more efficient than an unmanaged switch.
regards,
james

Ill give that a try its on an unmanaged switch ill look at replacing. I've attached an image of my scan times aswell, one thing I was curious about was inactivity settings for the panel view. These PV's are necessary but very seldom used, can you disable "updates" while the pv's screen saver is active?

Scan Time.JPG