5069-IY4 and unipolar 0-10V sensor

testsubject

Our company in the past has connected the IY4 in a unipolar fashion (signal to In+ and 0V to IN-) and it has worked no problem.

We currently have a system out there that is not working unless we add a 1kohm resistor across the IN+ and IN-. It was working just fine in the shop when we tested it.

According to Rockwell, this specific card cannot work with a unipolar connection.

We thought of putting a signal converter in between but our VAR reported that this will not work either.

Changing the sensor is not an option at this time.

Has anyone had issues with this combination?

Thanks!

Just shipped a project with (2) unipolar connections to a IY4, no problems. If it worked fine in your shop and then doesn't at the customer's site, shouldn't you be looking at the installation quality?

Thanks for the info.

Per RA tech support:
"It might work a week or a couple of months, put it will fail and possibly destroy the card."

We have a few machines that have been in service for over two years wired this way and have received no reports that there is a problem....

Very confusing.

Thanks for the info.

Per RA tech support:
"It might work a week or a couple of months, put it will fail and possibly destroy the card."

We have a few machines that have been in service for over two years wired this way and have received no reports that there is a problem....

Very confusing.
I apologize, I needed more analog inputs so I changed to a 5069-IF8 just before build; I didn't use the IY4.