A-B Automatin Fair

Re: Have one for me...

Phil Melore said:
Maybe National Manufacturing week in Chicago???

IMHO, The automation side of Nat Man Week is rapidly circling the drain. I went last year because I was slow and it is a 2 hour drive from there. I was there from 2 hours and was done.

There is a Holiday Inn at 611 E. Wisconcon 414-273-2950 within walking distance. Lots of other great hotels in downtown Milwaukee too.

I'll keep my eye out for the badges - I jhope to see you guys there.

Hi group, I'll be at both the show and CED's shin-dig...If I can get to a printer, I'll hane one of those fancy tags that Eric posted...and one that is for Ron's , too.

Right now its off to wet my whisle....
David beerchug

David_Emmerich said:
If I can get to a printer, I'll hane one of those fancy tags that Eric posted...and one that is for Ron's , too.

Then I guess an updated name tag is in order... :D

[attachment]
beerchug

-Eric

nametag1.gif

So far, none of those unique badges.

I assisted in two PV+ classes today... I'm going hoarse fast.

So far the niftiest things I've seen in the new GuardPLC 1600 and the 1738 ArmorPoint. I only got to spend about an hour on the show floor so far.

The CED "Hospitality Event" at the Art Museum is tonight !

🍻

Hi group,...Had a great day at the show, and then went to the CED party...let me say that those folks know how to throw a PARTY!!! If you didn't have a great time it was your fault!!! Take one new Art Museum, add about 3000 fun loving folks, wonderful food, lots of spirits,and a coooool jazz band...great time...........and hey, :) I got a face to face with Ken R.... :) he really is that nice, cool guy that we all thought that he was!!!!! :) :cool: :D.

You'all need to make your plans for the show next fall in Orlando,FL...it will be well worth the time and effort to go...and when you do go, wear onr of the tags that Eric was so kind to post...I am hoping that Phill won't mind.

Eric, you did a great job on that badge :D , too bad that the only printer I could get to was a b/w one :( . oh well, next year i'll bet that Phill will bring some BIG ,FULL COLOR ones for us to wear!!! :D
David

Last edited:
David_Emmerich said:
snip...
Eric, you did a great job on that badge :D , too bad that the only printer I could get to was a b/w one :( . oh well, next year i'll bet that Phill will bring some BIG ,FULL COLOR ones for us to wear!!! :D
David [/B]

Sounds like a good time! In the future I'll provide something for such shows... definitely :D But what... badges, shirts, hats...??? I'm serious about providing something... but what's best? Perhaps it's time for a poll.

It's a great way to meet each other face-to-face instead of the 'informal internet'... plus it's good advertising to recruit a new forum member or 2 or 10 for our community as well.

Did anybody take digital pictures? Let me know and I'll post them on the site for everyone to enjoy.

Enjoy,

Go For It...

Many of us here would gladly be patrons of a PLCS.net 'gift shop' :site:

I think any 'site related' items would be big sellers (possibly exceeding book sales???)... utoh

Hats, T-shirts, coffee mugs, you name it... ;)

Great advertisement to boot! The site already has a HUGE following, but I don't think MORE is a bad thing... :D

beerchug

-Eric

Re: Go For It...

Eric Nelson said:
Many of us here would gladly be patrons of a PLCS.net 'gift shop' :site:

I think any 'site related' items would be big sellers (possibly exceeding book sales???)... utoh

Hats, T-shirts, coffee mugs, you name it... ;)

Great advertisement to boot! The site already has a HUGE following, but I don't think MORE is a bad thing... :D

beerchug

-Eric

Coincidentally, our friend Bernie Carlton sent me a link earlier today regarding such merchandise. I'll definitely start investigating manufacturers of such items to see what's available. I see there is a ton of such vendors after a 2 second google search...
Perhaps a PLCs.net turkey fryer just before the holidays is a good place to start. lolis

Thank you all for the great idea! It will be a reality soon... definitely.

Enjoy,

I'd penny up for a mug and a shirt or 2.

Maybe go with a T-shirt where you could be a little wacky and a polo style shirt with a plain logo for a more refined look you could wear to the office.

Hope to see it soon!!!