A long shot. VMware interpret USB-dongle as parallel-port dongle ?

Hello Jesper,
can not tell for sure, as I was not able to download any version before 2.5 (from 2007)

But I found this news on B&R Homepage:
http://www.br-automation.com/cps/rde/xchg/br-automation_com/hs.xsl/news_2776_ENG_HTML.htm or see attached picture.

On Jan. 9 of 2004 B&R announces the USB dongle, so I am afraid a PVI version of 2002 will not work.

Another hint for you: when you run the PVI setup you will find an option screen where you can choose the components to install. There is the parallel dongle. if there is no USB dongle to select your PVI will not support it.

In my opinion you will need to upgrade PVI ....

This can be an easy task - you dont need to touch your HMI, just install the newer PVI version. If it works - good for you. If you encounter some problems or unexpected results I am afraid you have to think it over again...

You can also try the lowest version you can download (2.5.x) instead of the newer one. I think the chance everything works is better with an older version.

good luck
br
bb

b_u_r_dongle.jpg

Hi bb.

I found this in the release notes for v.2.5.0.3001:
ID#60490 : neue Funktion enthalten seit V2.5.0.0002
PVI Unterstützung für USB Dongles​
USB Dongles werden nun vom PVI unterstützt.
So I guess it must be possible. I will try to contact B&R about getting at least one USB dongle for testing.
Thanks for your help.

Hi Jesper,

good to know from when on USB is supported!

Are you not going to test your HMI with PVI2.5.x ? If it is not working and you can not change your HMI.... ?

Anyhow as you know, PVI works 2 hours without any limitations!

br
bb

Hi Jesper,

good to know from when on USB is supported!

Are you not going to test your HMI with PVI2.5.x ? If it is not working and you can not change your HMI.... ?

br
bb

Hi bb.

I found this in the release notes for v.2.5.0.3001:

So I guess it must be possible. I will try to contact B&R about getting at least one USB dongle for testing.
Thanks for your help.

He is, if he gets dongle from br to test with...

Maybe I will do that first. Maybe I will just get the USB dongle and try it all in one go. It is going slowly here. I have so many other things to do.

Hi Jesper,

do you have any result yet ?

I am curios how this was going on. Maybe you have a minute to write a line....

Thx
br
bb

We havent had the opportunity to test it yet.
The next time we are contacted by a customer for a replacement PC, then we will have to do it. Not sure if it will be me or the collegue who will actually do it.