AB 1783-NATR vs MOXA NAT-102

chiefjimbo

We've been using Allen-Bradley's 1783-NATR and find it is easy enough to work with. Unfortunately, it only allows 5 ports to be opened per IP address/Device that is mapped from the private side. The limitation of 5 prevents us from connecting to some vision systems and robot platforms as some vendors require 10-15 ports to communicate.

Is the MOXA NAT-102 any better? It looks much more feature rich but it isn't clear if it has an upper bound on TCP/UDP ports you can open for each IP address.

I really like them; compared to the 1783-NATR, it is less of a dedicated NAT and more like a little layer 3 aware switch and comes with a firewall. The firewall has a limit of 32 rules, which is what I think you are asking about. You can configure the firewall for ranges of IP addresses or ranges of ports, or both.