[AB CLX] About how large a tag the MSG instruction can send

iuhytvYUTCU

Working on an upgrade project, going to replace an L63 revision 17 with an L74 revision 30. In newer L74, MSGs with large tags as source/target element stuck in 'Start' state once scanned, then the PLC will be unable to switch to Program mode unless we do a power cycle. The data type of the tags is a large UDT approximately 4kb in size. I tried with a relatively small tag and MSG worked like a charm (which is of cource).

I suspect in L74 MSG cannot process such a large tag properly, then the confussion casts on me because in L63, the same MSGs with the same tags worked for years, so what went wrong, did AB change how large in size an MSG instruction can process?

Similar Topics

Let me put it short. Rslogix5000 V15, Controllogix 5563, and this is what I got just now (in ST): x := 16#1fffffff; y := x*(2*1); z :=...
Replies
Views
Hey guys, I'm hoping for some help here. Normally my machines are small enough that one L62 can handle the load with average cycle times around...
Replies
Views
Controller: 1756-L84E v.35 Prosoft MVI56E-MNETC for ModbusTCP/IP I'm having an issue with some of my write commands. The write command that...
Replies
Views
I have several Avery scale units and they are configured as Generic Ethernet modules, and I am actually reading the data fine for the weight...
Replies
Views
What's the best way to move a tag value from the panelview+7 to the clx plc. We display amps from a power meter on the panelview screen, read in...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom