AB flex I/O problem

m_prantik

hi friends

I have a problem with flex I/O node connected with ab plc 5/40C series through R-I/O network. PLC is not reading that particular node(node 05). all inputs are aero , outputs are one though inputs available from field.
what we have tried:

changed i/o adaptor module.
swapped i/p, o/p card & i/o adaptor with other node ....... those are working fine there.
configuring node 05 with new address node 07, 08 etc. no result.
connected node 05 R-I/O network with node 06 and vise versa.... no result.
plc i/o config also showing node 05..... no fault indication any where.

Please help me.

IS THERE ANY RUN OR ACTIVE BIT TO BE SET FOR FLEX I/O IN R-I/O NETWORK.

PLEASE HELP ME.........

P.K.Mondal

1.Terminal resistance--have u checked?
2."connected node 05 R-I/O network with node 06 and vise versa.... no result."-not clear..
r u connection original node # 6 in Node #5 ? and then also node # 6 running ok & node # 5 not detecting?
3. there is some "enable/disable" function in processor properties...u have to check/uncheck...

1) Check the wiring polarity on the blue hose.
2) What is the configuration of the port in the PLC (ie. baud rate)
3) Post the DIP switch positions for the node so we can determine what you need.

Good luck,

(8{)} :) .)

Make sure if you are using a 32 input module that your ASB module is revision E or higher, lower revisions will not work with the 32 input module.