AB PanelView 300 Micro communication issues

I just learned something. I did NOT know that the MicroLogix would autoswitch from the project default comms setting to match a device that tries to talk to it. That's convenient sometimes, but not in this case.

I just learned something. I did NOT know that the MicroLogix would autoswitch from the project default comms setting to match a device that tries to talk to it. That's convenient sometimes, but not in this case.

Only the ML1000 does that. See PDF

Take a look at the offline file for your ML1000 to see how the comm port is configured.
If you need help with this post the .RSS file ( zip it first) and someone will help look.

The default settings for your PV (DF1 protocol) is 9600,none,1,CRC no handshaking.
You might try setting RSLinx to these setting manually. Then play with the baud rate.

Thanks Mickey, I do not have access to the machines today but I did have a copy of the offline and the channel config was set as a DF1, 9600 baud, full duplex.

Thanks Firejo, I have the machine all day tomorrow if I need it and I will try a manual config on the unit. I believe the auto has it set up exactly as you say it, I did try the PIC setting and it has an issue with Microsoft's certificate and locks up if I try to run it so I am avoiding that protocol. The books I have say very specifically that the Micro's should use the WinPFT utility to make the connection but I am getting the exact same results running that one.

Clutchbone: The issue with PIC and Windows XP is a service pack one. Service pack 3 screws up the driver. I have a machine that got upgraded to SP3 and the next time I tried to use the PIC driver I got exactly the same thing you are seeing. I rolled back to SP2 and it started working just fine. Having said that, the last time I tried to use PIC I started getting the warning again even though the computer is still a SP2 machine. I’ve not had time to investigate it since so I don’t know what’ going on now.
Joseph_e2: According to the product manager when the MicroLogix 1000’s were first released, they did it because they wanted to limit the unit to one port but wanted to offer both protocols and they figured that putting in an auto switch feature would let people use DF1 but still be able to access for programming via DH485. I’m not sure why they felt that was important but they did. In hind sight having a “DCOMM” switch is a much better way to go. I’ve got more than one 1000 that no longer switches on its own.

A big thanks to all that have chimed in to help me out here. I grabbed the machine on their lunch break and did a manual config on the protocol and it attached right away, it kept trying to attach at the 19k baud rate and I think I tried it at 9600 yesterday it may have been under a different driver set up (I had tried many different set ups). I have two more to pull tomorrow but this one was my main concern because it was slightly different than the other two.