AB PLC firmware flashing issue

Hi All,
I am new here , I am trying to flash AB plc 5380 safety guard logix Freeware 32.012 which is our program and old plc, but It does accept only 36 and 34 versions, any experience how to do it? appreciated.
when I upgrade the program to 34 version it can not communicate with other component, it does taking but nobody listen to it or answer.

Download v32 firmware file from rockwells download and compatibility web page, install it (or extract using dmk extract utility), then use studio or control flash plus to flash the processor with v32.

many thanks for help
I have done it few times, when upgrading to V32 it does not hold it, control plus saying succeed , but after restart it goes to basic version 1.xx, but when upgrading to 34 or 36 it does I can load the program on V34 but it cannot communicate with other component in the circuit , I do not know which part of program needs modification or how to fine where should I do modification to to give it ago, PLC is same brand just new ones out of box I have two they do the same

I have seen some of the new CompactLogix units that have a minimum firmware level.

I initially thought this too and checked the product compatibility and all the models I checked were good back to 32.

OP, what's the exact model of CMPL you are using?

5380 L310ERS2 B series, the specification of new ones is 100% the same as old one except the color of cover of new ones red red, ,
I tried again but no joy, it hols v31.015 but not any of V32 !!!

5380 L310ERS2 B series, the specification of new ones is 100% the same as old one except the color of cover of new ones red red, ,
I tried again but no joy, it hols v31.015 but not any of V32 !!!

Are you using control flash or flash plus? I checked and for whatever reason, newer versions of control flash plus are necessary for 32.013 vs 32.011. 32 013 and later require ver 3, whereas 32 011 is ver 1. Have you tried different versions of 32 (32.011, 32.013, 32.016)

I have used both, the result pretty much is the same, I have tried 32016, 32012, on the web page saying V33 is the correction of V32
Do you believe V33 runs the program which is written by V32012?

Yes, any higher version firmware will run the program. As for whether external tag polling drivers that you are using support v33, can't say. Various drivers officially support upto certain releases of rockwell firmware, but the only way to be sure is try it. For example, Wonderware only officially supports firmware to 20 with DASABCIP. They recommend ABCIP after. But I've tested DASABCIP upto v34 unofficially.

I did loads of tricks to downgrade it to V32 none was successful almost tried , but V33 and upper goes in straight. I do not have Studio 5k V33{ only 32&34) to change the version of the project, any Idea appreciated

I have given up for now, too much time spoiled for non sense which is in the middle firmware maybe a logic of 0&1 or vice versa!
I removed the communication board from new PLC and replaced in the old PLC which was faulty, and fixed the problem for now , the lines are running perfectly. but still trying to find a way that can run an old project with a newer version of firmware,
the thing that I do not understand is the old plc and the new ones are 100% the same why new ones does not take V32??
RCW page saying minimum V is 31, and why this does not take 32!