AB SLC5/05 Generic fault

Togadude

Hey guys, great site you got here!

I have a slight problem and was wondering if any of you ran across this before....This has been going on for a few days now. Around 6 times within a 24 hour period, the PLC will drop out of run. The fault says "specialty I/O module in slot 10 has generated a generic fault. The card fault bit is set (1) in the modules status byte." The card is 1746SC-INO4vi, an analog output card using 3 outputs going to 3 freq. drives.

Is there any way to further troubleshoot this problem? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanx in advance,
DJ

Update: I got a new analog card and the same thing is happening. This is a Lantech pallet wrapper and the weird thing is, it faults out when the pallet is halfway out of the wrapper after being wrapped, so the drives shouldnt even be enabled at that point....I'm in over my head at this point, i can troubleshoot basic ladder logic but am far from a programmer. I guess my question is, where are these status bits being generated? and is there any way to view whats going on? I can get into S2 and see what bits faulted but that doesnt help me much.

jstolaruk.....sure, I can post it Sunday when I get back to work....I saved it and did a compare with a normal running program, but nothing stood out to me.

Operaghost.....thanx for the link, I'll research and get back to ya.

Thanx for the help guys!

You might want to verify that a shielded cable was used for the analog signal to the drives. You may have a voltage feedback from something. This will send a spike into the AO card probably causing the fault. It is worth a shot.