AB Socket Open Error

Claus Nielsen

Hi all,

Having some issues with socket connections on a 5069-L306ERMS3 guardlogix and tech support have not been able to help me so far. I'm trying to communicate with a Panasonic LP-Z series laser marker. There's already a functioning connection on this machine, it's just controlled from another PLC, a 5069-L320ERMS2 which is working fine. I tried to communicate with the existing laser marker instead but I'm getting the same error. I can't see the difference between the working code and my code.

After creating the socket the open socket will change to enabled and then to error after the specified timeout with this information:
Error Code: 16#00ff, Extended Error Code: 16#0000_0044

I've not been able to find out exactly what this extended error code means and there's only a single technote about it, but it only goes through some stuff I already did.

Anyone with any ideas?

Link to images

Currently 32.013. Just downgraded it today to use the same revision as the PLC with a working connection. It was initially 33.011 but I upgraded it yesterday with tech support to 33.012. I get the same error in all cases.