activation key can not returned to masterdisk

I think the laptop drive has activation file which is corrupted. tyr in some other drive in laptop ensure no rockwell software is running

Hi Praveen,

RsLogix working fine when I put USB flash drive, but activation not move. In my Laptop have only one drive. No activation of mine corrupted. How I processed ?

Riyaz

Yes, you may have accidently copied an unusable version (or already have it on the disk) of the key code EVRSI.sys onto the place where you are now trying to move it to. Check the destination drive for a previously existing version of EVRSI.sys. If there is a copy on there (non-working copy), then that file can cause the error message you are receiving. Then if found, delete EVRSI.sys (only if you have no other stored key codes for other Rockwell programs).

Note that the EVRSI.sys file will not be visible unless you have your file browser (Explorer) set to view hidden and system files.

There should be no other changes required for your computer.

Make sure you still have the good copy of EVRSI.sys on the source flash drive, before you delete the destination file bad version.

Last edited:
I searched for EVRSI.sys file on my Laptop's drive, file not found, can anybody help me by replaying where this file is reside, I mean in which folder.
Riyaz

I searched for EVRSI.sys file on my Laptop's drive, file not found, can anybody help me by replaying where this file is reside, I mean in which folder.
It normally loads to the root directory of the drive. If you don't find it there, then something is preventing it from being moved. Screen-saver programs and anti-virus programs can do that. I always de-activate those before running EVMove.

riyajahamad said:
Riyaz

This may explain why you can't find the EVRSI.sys file...

This may not apply to you, but the way our IT group sets up accounts we can not see hidden files. We can click the option to show hidden files under Folder Options, but we still can't see them. I have a local admin account for installing software, I can see hidden files when I'm logged in on that account.

Corbis,
Thank You for inserting the EVmovecf file, worked perfectly from floppy to flash drive on xp pro desktop to a xp pro laptop from flash to c:
Helped me out of a very tough spot, thank you again!!

EvMoveCF moved activation to great bitbucket in the sky

Set EvMoveCF to move from C: to flash drive E:; seemed to run normally. When I moved flash drive to second computer and ran EvMoveCF to move from flash drive E: to C: - activation file not found. Went back to first computer, it is no longer activated. Tried to use EvMoveCF to put activation file back on original computer: activation file not found.

Now I have no activation. Boy, this is some Byzantine licensing system.

Last edited:
You could complain about it nine or ten years ago, when it was still in use and supported and this thread started.

If you want help on the old EVRSI, start a new thread and explain which products and what operating systems you're using.

I use Rockwell Software every day, and haven't touched an EVRSI activation for six years.