Active 4-20 output to and Active input

Jason P

Hi there,
I have a 4-20mA signal duplicator that has 2 active 4-20mA signals. Unfortunately my PLC input card is also active. If I reverse the voltage polarity on the card power will that effectively cancel the voltage? +24V and -24V or will this cause problems long term? It works when I do this but the theory behind it I'm not sure is correct.

insufficient-data-19722102.png

Tell us what PLC hardware and signal conditioner you're using.

How do you ‘reverse the voltage polarity on the card power”?

Doesn’t the AI card derive its power from the backplane?

Does removing the power disable the entire card or just the loop power?

Similar Topics

I am currently working with a machine using rslogix 5000 and have 2 rungs that are not active yet the output is. These are simple rungs with a...
Replies
Views
So i usually don't have problems with my Logix gear, and I'm most likely overlooking something. I have an AB L32E processor, with a 1769-OA8 in...
Replies
Views
I was looking for this function, so that i doesn´t need to do it in the PLC. If there are an alarm in the alarm list, i want to flash the...
Replies
Views
Context: PLC= S7-1212C, HMI=KTP1200 Basic. Hi again, When the "REPORT" button is pressed (on a different screen), it takes the operator to the...
Replies
Views
Good morning, I'm new to PLC and HMIs, and I was given the following problem: I need to be able to filter alarms and events that are only related...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom