Actual Elevator Question

Mike,
I'm curious as to the average amount of IO in, say, a 4 level cable lift
About 90. Something along the lines of a 205 w/9slot base, 240cpu, 1 counter module, 3-16pt inputs, 3-12 pt outputs, and 1 8pt output.

Rod said:
And do they actually measure mass?.

Yes, but only/usually on high speed-high traffic installiations like busy office buildings. There's a strain guage on the crosshead that measures the load before the car starts to move.

When six 3 foot wide people step on and I see the car floor lower than the door sill - I be heading for the stairs!

Good idea... There's a positioning system mounted on the car that should relevel the elevator. If the elevator is below the floor (more then 1/4" or so), there's a problem. Take another elevator.