AD ethernet/ tcp/ip questions

tommy23t

Hi All. Hope you can help. I have spent all day on this and still nowhere. 🔨
I am using Automation Direct (Host Eng) ECOM module on a DL-260 cpu and can "talk" to it just fine from my desktop computer, running XP Pro. I need to do a "dog and pony" for a client, and need to run the application off my laptop. The laptop was just upgraded to XP Pro.
My problem: (baffled AD support also) I can run NetEdit, and get an initial error of 10061, can't find connection. I continue, the main screen appears, and I switch protocol- it detects the module in IPX only. It runs a cpu test, and it comes back as a 260 cpu, all working. Change to tcp/ip, and nothing. I checked all my settings, ip address, ect., duplicated the ones on my desktop. I cannot ping the ECOM unit, all fail. I did a loopback test, the ping passed.

Any ideas?

tommy23t

You don't have a software version problem, same version desktop and laptop?

Really take some time to study what the 'DS400.ini' file does. Tweak it. Focus on that guy.

John

Compared the 2 files- made some changes, no help. I did create a link thru Directsoft for the ethernet link, and connected fine to PLC, able to monitor and make changes. It must be something with Windows, I have all firewalls disabled, still banghead
Tom

Yes, Thanks John. Was there yesterday, tried all settings. Really strange. Like I said, all settings on my desktop are same in the laptop, take network cable out of laptop and into desktop and good connection. Have tcp/ip installed, even found a winsock repair utility on another forum that cleaned out the winsock files and reinstalled the tcp/ip. Sounded good, didn't work

We are going to try to set up a local network here between the 2 computers to see if that will work. Man, this gets frustrating. Maybe it has something to do with Compaq.... So close...

-Tom

FYI- John: found zone alarm was runnimg in the background- forgot all about it. uninstalled, all works now. Thanks anyway
-Tom